Thursday, October 1, 2015
It's been a while since I've shared a few of my favorite things with you, and since you may be in the mood for a few new things for fall, maybe you'd like a little design candy to give you some inspiration!
1. First is this adorable, fabulous, colorful case for the iPhone 6 or 6s (anyone just get the upgrade?). It's an awesome deal on Amazon right now, too! Click here to snag one of these beauties.
2. As a cake stand collector, I fell in love right away the minute I spotted this beauty at H&M home! Perfect for every season, really, but can't you just see a beautiful pumpkin cake sitting pretty up there? Get yours here before they're gone!
3. And another great find from H&M-- this green velvet pillow cover. It's the best deal in town and looks suspiciously similar to a very pricey version from one of my favorite decor catalogs. Find it here in this great color and several others!
4. Ahh, this! The Complete Book of Chalk Lettering by Valerie McKeehan. I just received mine and it is awesome! I get so many questions about my chalk art...whether I use real chalk (yes!)...whether I use stencils (no)... if you have to have good handwriting to do this (no), and I've found in reading this book that Valerie answers all these questions and many more. If you've dreamed of becoming better at chalk art, this is a must-read! I can't wait to improve my own art with these tips! Buy it for a great deal here on Amazon!
5. And if for no other reason than the fact that Joanna Gaines wears boots like these, I had to get some for myself. I found a great pair at Marshalls, but I spotted these Clarks for a good price on Amazon as well!
6. And what's fall without a plaid throw? I couldn't resist the colors in this new one from Ballard, so I splurged a little and I'm loving it. It also goes great with the green H&M pillows!
7. Time for coffee? Of course! Especially on these cool fall mornings. Kate Spade is always on my list of favorites and this cute mug is a keeper. Find it here.
8. And last, but never least-- the super-popular oversized plaid blanket scarf. You can find it several places, but this Etsy seller is having a special on them right now. Now bring on the cooler weather so I can try this thing out!
Hope these favorites of mine inspire you for the fall season! What are some of your favorites you've spotted recently?
**Please note: Some of these links are affiliate links and help to support this blog! Thanks so much!
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Fall is in the air! This puts me in the mood for pumpkin everything, crisp evenings around a bonfire, and easy projects that require very little effort. If you're with me on this, you'll like this wreath for your fall door!
You just need to start with a basic green wreath, something like my Easiest Ever DIY Green Wreath. It's the perfect wreath for all seasons because you can leave it plain or add a little this or that and it's good to go!
In this case, I just grabbed some feathers from my faux floral stash, added a few new items from the fall aisles at Hobby Lobby, and it was done.
Yep, it was that quick. I also clipped on a tiny chalkboard, because I could not resist. Just enough change to welcome fall, but not so much that you're gonna a hurt yourself.
And remember to use this easy method for hanging the wreath without damaging your door!
Enjoy! And if you're up for more fall wreath fun from years past, click on the links below:
More "let's not over-do it" fall decorating to come! If you'd like to share some of yours, post a pic to my Facebook page!
Thursday, September 24, 2015
Wow! It was another great month of DIY inspiration at the Pretty Preppy Party last week, and I especially loved all the fall posts! (Is anyone else behind in getting the house ready for fall?) Well, if you're in need of ideas, check out the party by clicking here.
Here are just a few of my favorites!
First, this is not a photo from the fall Pottery Barn catalog, but it is a shot of a gorgeous PB pumpkin pillow knock-off done by Deb at Seeking Lavender Lane. Seriously, it's gorgeous! See how she did it here.
And Rachael at This is Our Bliss has put out a wonderful welcome to fall in her entryway, which is too cute to miss. Click over here to check it out.
And then there's this gorgeous green settee by Thirty Eighth Street. She totally painted this, y'all! It's amazing and you have just got to see it! Click here. Go, now!
Love these posts and many more! And my fellow party hostesses are sharing their faves as well, so be sure to see who's been featured.
And just in case you missed it, I've got a big challenge going on right now that could mean an extra $100 in your pocket! It ends tomorrow so hurry up and check it out here. Winner announced on my Facebook page tomorrow!