Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

Find Your Inner Seamstress



Those of you who have been here awhile know that I'm kinda on a crusade to persuade people to embrace their inner seamstress, throw caution to the wind, & open themselves up to a whole new world of limitless possibilities in the realms of fashion, DIY, and d├ęcor via that beautiful little piece of equipment called the sewing machine.  I know--I'm out of control.






It's true, I've shown you how to sew many things here on the blog, but, as I've always told you, I'm no expert.  I've just been through a lot of trial & error & I've gotten pretty good at knowing what not to do!


And while I plan to keep on sharing my homespun advice on sewing from time to time, I want to introduce you to a real seamstress, who also happens to be my sister.





This is Amy.  And she's as multi-talented as she is beautiful.  You may recognize her from her other blog, Living the Allergic Life, where she gives practical, true-to-life advice on living with food allergies. (I told you she was multi-talented.)



She now has a second blog called Life is Sew Daily, where she has some super-cute sewing tutorials for all seamstresses, no matter your level of expertise.  Reading her blog is like taking a free online sewing course!  She gives great instructions & is happy to answer your questions as well.










Unlike Yours Truly, Amy has actually had professional sewing classes,  and has a Bachelor's Degree in Home Economics.  So, yeah, she's real smart.


Here are just a few of the projects she's shared so far...





























So, add her to your reader, join her site, & sign up for her emails.  You're not going to want to miss anything.  










3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about getting a sewing machine and easing into things. I used to have absolutely no desire to sew... But now a lot of the projects I want to do seem to invlove needing to sew something... I guess I will have to learn!

    Also, I wanted to let you know that I have a link to your moss topiary post and to your actual blog in my crafty pants friday post. I covered a bunny in some moss! Stop by and check it out if you have some time!

    http://katiedidit1.blogspot.com/2012/03/crafty-pants-friday-9-moss-bunny-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you know darned well I gotta go visit a gal like that. Your sister is beautiful and I am headed over there right now! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from each of you and will do my best to respond! Thanks so much for stopping by. So glad you're here!